Far Cry 5 (FARCRY 5) is an upcoming Far Cry game developed by Ubisoft Montreal and published by Ubisoft for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox that will be released on 27th March 2018. Farcry 5 It is the 11th Far Cry game and is set in the fictional Hope County, Montana, USA.
The rural community of Hope County, Montana, has been overtaken by a cult, led by a radical preacher named Joseph Seed and his siblings. Seed believes in an upcoming "inevitable collapse" and founded a congregation called Project at Eden's Gate in order to protect the people of Hope County. In reality, Eden's Gate is a militaristic doomsday cult that uses violence and coercion to convert and suppress the people living in Hope County.
Players follow the story of a new deputy Sheriff who is part of the task force set out to reclaim the town from the grip of the militaristic cult. Along his way, he will meet several allies that will assist him who all have their own personal grudges against the doomsday cult, including local pastor Jerome Jeffries, cropduster pilot and mechanic Nick Rye, former military officer Jacob, lawyer John and bartender Mary May.
Similar to previous installments, Farcry 5 remains as an open-world action-adventure first-person shooter with several new additions:
- Customizable vehicles
- Planes with dogfights
- Character customization
- Ability to lean around corners
- A variety of different ranged and close combat weapons including explosives
- Recruitment system that allows recruiting locals in the county to fight alongside them. Every recruited companion fighter has their own unique skills and personalities.
- Players need to forge relationships with other characters to discover quests, events, and other characters
- Like introduced in Far cry Primal, the player can tame wild animals through the "Fangs for Hire" system
- Players can go fishing
- The map editor will have additional features compared to older installments
- The "Friends for Hire" coop mode allows playing through the campaign with a buddy